Tuesday, 14 April 2015

NARS Highlighting Blush in Albatross


Bright and dewy make-up is perfect for this time of year.
 Up your contour game and pick up this little treasure in anticipation for warmer months...


I have got my paws on this highlighting blush at last, which is by my all time favourite make-up brand, NARS. I have chosen the shade Albatross which has been ever so popular for such a long time that I had to see what the hype was all about. Now that the weather is finally getting warmer, I think you can begin to wear a more dewy, bright look with make-up and this highlighter is perfect for just that. 

I have previously been using the Sleek contour kit in Medium which proved to be a nifty little pallet. I adored the highlighter but the bronzer and blush... not so much. I wasn't overly impressed with the pigmentation of the blush and the bronzer was a little too ruddy at times. When I finally hit pan on the highlighter and almost ran out completely, the search was on for a better version of a powder highlighter. I was tempted by Benefit's Highbeam and Watt's Up but wasn't overly keen on liquid highlighters. Turns out, decent powder highlighter is pretty damn hard to come by! I looked at high street brand versions but was't impressed.

All said, I can't deny that my eyes were on this NARS highlighter the whole time and so, I gave in and purchased it. As always with NARS, they don't disappoint...


For a highlighter that retails at £23 you expect excellent quality. Well, the beautifully sleek, matte black packaging feels high quality as usual with NARS and let's face it, their products usually are superb quality. I have used a few of their lipsticks in the past and those have always been a firm favourite of mine due to the fact that they are just so pigmented and lovely to wear.

This highlighting blush has a very finely milled golden, pearlescent shimmer and so is perfect for anyone with medium to dark skintones. I currently team this with my Mac Matte Bronzing Powder which is another cult classic for contouring; the two compliment each other beautifully and are a fantastic contouring duo.



Which highlighter are you currently using? 
Let me know below, I love to hear from you.

x

No comments:

Leave a thought

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS