Tuesday, 10 November 2015

Brunch and bath bombs


Last week, one of my closest friends and I popped into Cambridge for a little brunch and pre-christmas browsing which included treating ourselves to a few seasonal bath products from one of our favourite cosmetic companies...



We visited Bills in Cambridge for what proved to be a superb breakfast and we already can't wait to go again! Bill's originated as a small greengrocers in Lewes, close to where I spent most of my childhood and that greengrocer vibe runs through all of the restaurants, which have the most amazing interior decor and delicious, fresh menu choices.


Of course, we couldn't resist visiting Lush first of all as we were both super excited to see and smell the new seasonal releases. Lots of Lush goodies were picked up to try out for ourselves along with a couple of early Christmas gifts for friends and family. Peeping Santa is the cutest item that I picked up and it smells absolutely gorgeous too! The fun products alongside the amazing brand ethos is what draws me to Lush time and time again and with so many new releases, you can't possibly get bored.


Wandering into Cambridge market is a must if you're in town and especially if, like me, you appreciate fresh and local produce. If you haven't far to travel home, take the opportunity to pick up some veggies as they have so much choice and often produce unavailable in supermarkets, such as black carrots and these interestingly shaped squashes and gourds. The gemstone stall is another favourite of mine to visit as the lady who runs it is completely lovely; the gems she sells make for really unique and interesting gifts.



After spending the majority of the afternoon browsing after brunch, we took some time out and grabbed a hot chocolate in Cafe Nero before heading home. I certainly have accumulated lots of ideas for Christmas gifts and am super excited to try out all of my Lush products I picked up! I absolutely love to unwind in a bubble bath after a workout lately and am really appreciating the calming and moisturising properties most of the products possess, especially now the weather is becoming so cold and windy. Cambridge is certainly one of my top places to shop as the variety of stores is vast and there are also plenty of unique boutiques too, for those who like to find something  a little different.

I opted for a really casual and cosy autumnal look for this day which included my new purchase from Topshop. The fleecy grey sweater is exclusive to their petite range and with the sleeves rolled up, I teamed it with black skinny jeans and converse for a really dressed down, comfortable look.

Thank you for reading as always, let me know below if you have any favourite places to eat or shop in Cambridge!



No comments:

Leave a thought

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS